Mars Orbiter Camera Decompressed Standard Data Product
Mars Orbiter Camera Decompressed Standard Data Product (DSDP) Archive
Information and Browser for CD Volume MGSC_0005
This CD is part of a multi-volume set that contains the raw image data
from the Mars Orbiter Camera instrument on the Mars Global Surveyor
A detailed description of the MOC archive with information about
the organization and compilation of the database is provided in the
file volinfo.txt . Please refer to
this document for more information.
The image files are organized according to NASA's PDS standards. An
image file comprises a PDS-labeled file containing an "image object".
Image processing tools such as the United States Geological Survey's
ISIS package can be used for further processing; we expect that USGS
will provide support for MOC-specific processing algorithms once these
become better established.
Internet resources (only useful with internet link):
Browse the Image Collection on this CD
You can view browse versions (reduced-resolution images) of the images
on this CD with a graphical or tabular interface. Note that the graphical
interface can only be used to access the Narrow Angle images on this
volume; both Wide and Narrow Angle images are accessible through the
Image Display for Full Resolution Image
In addition to displaying reduced resolution 'browse'
images, the text based interface also permits display of full
resolution image products using a web-browser helper application. The
program NASAView can be used for this purpose. NASAView is a PDS
product display tool that runs on multiple platforms with a common
graphical user interface. See the PDS Home Page for more information
on NASAView and its availability
(http://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/). Once NASAView is installed on your
system, it can be incorporated with your web browser as a helper
application. Refer to your particular web browser documentation for
information on helper applications.
CD Volume and Directory Structure
The CD contents and directory structure are presented below.
Directories (folders) are indicated by boldface type.
Documentation and other ancillary support files may be viewed by
selecting (clicking) the desired filename. Detailed documentation
regarding the archive is available in the aareadme (top level
directory) and volinfo (document directory)
Top level CD directory:
- aareadme.txt - General information (in ASCII form) regarding this CD volume set.
- index.htm - HTML document you are now accessing.
- errata.txt - Description of known anomalies or errors associated with this volume set, if any.
- voldesc.cat - PDS label describing this volume set.
- docinfo.txt - Description of document contents.
- volinfo.txt - Detailed description (in ASCII form) regarding this CD volume set.
- indxinfo.txt - Description of index contents.
- imgindx.tab - Index (database) file containing descriptive elements for each CD data product.
- cumindx.tab - Index (database) file containing descriptive elements for all MOC volumes, in the same format as imgindx.tab.
- imgindx.lbl - PDS label file for imgindx.tab.